Are websites still Important in the social media age?Social media now accounts for over 64% of all online marketing and advertising campaigns. From Facebook and Twitter to Pinterest and Linkedin, these platforms are ideal for businesses that want to extend their brands’ reach across the web. With little to no overhead, social media platforms connect new and existing brands to customers and clients from all corners of the globe. Still, it is important to have a website as your company’s central control. Remember, over 54% of incoming links come from websites. The same also goes for outbound links that connect potential customers to different pages on your site (blog, store, products, services, etc.). For small businesses, properly designed websites enable the following:
- The ability to compete with larger, more established brands and companies.
- An edge over competitors with SEO optimized content, strategic keywords, social media links, promotional videos, and especially captivating and compelling blogs.
- Website designs must be aesthetically-pleasing with contemporary visuals for broadband engagements. Your site should also be easy to scan with content that is digestible and keeps visitors on your pages longer. This results in higher traffic to your pages, which may convert to stronger leads and profit generation.
How does Facebook Pixel work on my website?The Facebook Pixel works by placing the code on your website or blog, which triggers cookies that track users as they interact with your pages. The code does the same for your Facebook ads – giving you optimal control over how your ads are working to engage and entice visitors. Here are some essentials to keep in mind:
- Facebook initially launched a couple of different pixels for website optimization: the conversion pixel and the custom audience pixel.
- Facebook discontinued the conversion tracking pixel in 2017, so you would need to upgrade to the current custom audience pixel.
- The code helps you create better Facebook ads so you can target the audiences and conversions you need to grow your website and online business.